Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Quilt Show Entries

It's that time of year (actually every other year) to prepare our quilt show entries. Our guild (Ninigret Quilters) does not have a juried show, so there's no pressure. I decided to show you what we're entering so I can look back at this post in October to remember which quilts to bring. Of course, the forms are due tonight, so we're scrambling to fill them out and print pictures.

Julia will be showing the lap quilt she made for Josh last Christmas and one of the Quilts of Valor she's making for her Silver Award. Lots of red, white and blue!
Josh's quilt is long and skinny and fits him well. Julia included some Red Sox fabric and she did some nice free motion machine quilting.

The QOV includes blocks made and contributed by guild members and Josh's grandmother. Other Ninnies have made whole tops and completed quilts in response to Julia's challenge.


My entries will be The Good, The Bad and the Ugly (see banner)...

a Mini Overlay from the pattern Easy Overlay by Linda Warren...


Wildflowers, which was made from Bonnie Hunter's Weed whacker pattern (not quilted yet!)...


Geese in the Forest from the twiddletails block of the month (not finished piecing yet!)...


and some Artist Trading Cards - I'll be organizing this display since I issued the monthly challenge and SWAP.


I considered entering my framed appliqued Goldfinch, but I'm not sure how or where it could be displayed safely.

So now you know what Julia and I will be doing when we get home from Savannah.
I do love a deadline!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lots to get done and all very beautiful!