Saturday, September 5, 2009

Procrastinators Unite...Tomorrow!

Did you know that tomorrow is Fight Procrastination Day?! I can't wait! Hee hee. I crack myself up. I might need to buy the t-shirt.


Julia is getting down to the wire with her Girl Scout Silver Award project so she's busy sewing heartstrings blocks together. The apple didn't fall far from this tree! We do love a deadline.


I added white sashing to my three by three swap blocks, like Amandajean's layout. We really liked them all up next to eachother, but this will make it big enough to be useable.


I learned how to purl! There was a prayer shawl ministry meeting on Thursday night, and I decided I wanted to knit this new shawl, instead of crocheting. I knew how to do the knit stitch, but the pattern is K3, P3. So I googled "how to purl" and watched this video. I'm still getting used to holding the yarn in my right hand, but I'm enjoying the process.


Pete and I went to the Farmer's Market this morning and thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. I made a tomoato sandwich (tomato, mayo & salt) on fresh carrot, black olive and dill bread. YUM! Just look at that bread!


I'm happy to have some flowers on my tiny rose of sharon. It's at the back of the yard and the deer nibble on the new leaves, so it doesn't have much opportunity to grow.


Tomorrow, I'll be finishing up a Craig family block for the Union College 215th Anniversary quilt that has been on the list all summer. What's on your list for Fight Procrastination Day?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny, Will you get the shirt... tomorrow? Go Julia, time to finish up and it is looking great! Your 9 patch looks terrific too!

Lurline said...

A really interesting Post, but wow! that stunning flower - I'm sure it is not our Rose of Sharon.
Hugs - Lurline♥