Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterna's Day

A Day to Honor and Remember.

Remembering my father,


Honoring my father-in-law.


Julia was honored to play Taps this morning for the Vietnam veterans.
I love seeing her in her Girl Scout uniform, playing with her friend Manny in his Boy Scout uniform. The veterans and their families were so grateful to the kids for being there.


Then we went to the parade.
Pete is playing the snare drum on the end, with his hat off-kilter.


I had to run across the street to catch Julia on the other side.


Following the parade, there is a ceremony at the memorial in a beautiful park on the river.
Veterans, dignitaries, clergy, a guest speaker, military color guard, and Civil War reenactors (with a canon!). What more could you ask for?


And the band plays again.


I love my band geeks!


Julia delivered this QOV to a teacher yesterday to give to her husband who was injured in Iraq.
She has 6 or 7 others to deliver soon. We're hoping to present them to people she knows - a cousin's husband, a cousin of a cousin, and friends' fathers.


This Veteran's Day, Honor and Remember the men and women who have sacrificed so much to keep us free.

3 comments:

crafty diane said...

I love reading your blog!
Please take a minute to check out my Etsy Store:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/craftydiane
Thank you and Have a Blessed Day,
Diane

Unknown said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate our veteran's today! You should be so proud and your kids should be too!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Awesome!!