Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Union Unity Quilt

Yesterday was Bill's birthday and he was really happy to see that his Union College magazine had arrived in the mail. (Don't we all get excited when we see a quilt on the cover of a magazine?)


If you've been reading my blog for a while, you might remember when we made our family block for the Union Unity Quilt. It's fun to finally see it in print and we're hoping to visit it in person this summer. Only seven blocks were chosen to be featured in the article, and ours was one!

Here's what Bill wrote:

The square, made by my wife Tina, shows Union has been a big part of my family's life. My father, Ed Craig, was an electrical engineering professor for over 35 years, and growing up, I attended numerous football, basketball and hockey games. Union was home in many ways, and as you can see from the block, my older siblings Stephen and Terry also graduated from Union. In 1979, my father took a sabbatical to teach at the University of Liberia in Monrovia - my mother and I went as well. It was an incredible year, and our appreciation for African culture is the inspiration behind the fabrics in the block's border. Over the years, I have witnessed my father's dedication to the College, as a professor, volunteer, fan and overall member of the Union family. It's my hope that this square, in some small way, serves to recognize his connection with Union.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Tina, how fun to see your work as part of such a quilt and then on the cover of the school magazine! I loved Union College when my daughter was looking at colleges and she got in but alas, decided on a school much further away! Bill's is a great family story.
Maria

So Cal Tina said...

Can you scan me a copy please? I'm proud of all of you! So Cal Tina