Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wool Crochet

I've been crocheting flowers from wool yarn that will be felted and made into brooches for upcoming holiday fairs. I try to keep my bag of yarn in the car so I can crochet a flower whenever I have a few minutes to spare.


My mother and I stopped by the local yarn shop yesterday and I picked up the red, some green for leaves and that beautiful plum was on clearance. Even though it is 100% wool, it won't felt. My clue should have been the word "superwash" on the label! The flower is still cute, so I might make a few more. I'm still trying to get the leaves right.

Most of the flowers in the photo have not been felted yet. You can see the size difference between the two red flowers above my glasses. This morning, I made all the covered buttons for the flower centers using scraps. Yeah! A scrap buster project!


We're having our roof replaced this week. The dark blueish gray is the new roof. I hope it's not too blue, but it's too late now! I'll be looking at it and wondering for another 30 years!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Roofs are built and made to last for more than 20 years. It will be awesome if your roof will really reach that level. Well, it's possible! The only thing you need is to conduct a regular roof cleaning and maintenance. If you feel like there's something wrong with it, don't hesitate to call a contractor, so he can give you an immediate solution. It's the simplest way for your roof to last in the long run.

Nelson Mcglaughlin @ Royal Roofing & Siding