Monday, January 17, 2011

Design Wall Monday

I've been working on this baby quilt, on and off, for a couple of weeks. Other projects took priority, but now I can get back to it. I decided to go with the Waltzing Matilda border, so I need to make more whirlies with the bluish print from Fandango.


The sagey green will be a narrow border or binding.


I made His and Hers pillowcases for the bride- and groom-to-be (my nephew) as part of their shower gift. Christopher wanted to use his pillowcase right away, so I think he likes it! He is a bow hunter and picked out the deer fabric when we were shopping for their wedding quilt fabric. They chose a few collections that they liked and I picked Fandango. I love it so much! Which is a good thing, since I'm going to be spending many, many hours with it over the next few months.


I've become the designated bow-quet maker at bridal showers!


I'll show you the wedding ring blocks soon. There are only two done so far. Only 47 to go! And a hand-appliqued border. And hand quilting. Maybe it will be finished for Christmas!

4 comments:

Monica at Buttoncounter said...

I would not have thought to put the sage green inner border on, but boy, oh boy, does that look cute. Great job!

Shellie said...

beautiful, Tina!! your work is amazing :)

Vicki H. said...

Great borders! this is such a fun quilt. I think your bowquet is great, I am so bad at that at showers. Hmmm, maybe that's why they never pick me for that job.

Alycia said...

Very nice! I love the pillowcases!