Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Great Escape - Part 1

This past weekend was our annual quilting getaway, also known as Quilt Camp.

I was so excited that Karen was able to come!


On Friday night, we showed our entries in the Flora Challenge. Our challenge themes are pretty broad. Last year was Animals (at camp, you'd like to see at camp, you wouldn't want to see at camp...).


Quite an impressive array of quilts! It was very difficult to choose winners. Everyone was given a ballot to choose their favorite in 5 different categories.


The overall favorite was Betty Tucker's spectacular 3-dimensional flowers.


Since we've now covered Flora and Fauna, next year's challenge theme is Merryweather!

The witch hazel is blooming! Hooray!


Friday night, we have a midnight madness, quick craft project.


My friend and long-time Girl Scout volunteer taught us how to make felt donut pincushions.
She even went to Dunkin Donuts to ask for an empty box to put them in!


More pix later!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I was thinking of you both!! I so wish I would have been able to come. Can't wait for more photos.

Jan Marie said...

This looks so fun. I do love Meriweather. Can't wait to see how you do that one.

Sinta Renee said...

I just found your blog via Sew Many Ways. I really enjoyed reading your post- I went back several pages:) I would love to become a follower but I don't see a button for that. In the meantime I'll mark you as a "fav". Thanks for the inspiration!

KD-Quilts said...

I am glad I found your blog! I nominated you for the stylish blogger award. Check out my blog for the details! = )

Chris Daly said...

Those Flora quilts look spectacular. What an inspirational getaway.

Monica at Buttoncounter said...

those doughnuts are fabulous! I am trying to hold myself back from running out to purchase a bunch of pink and brown felt...so cute!