Sunday, April 3, 2011

Block Lotto

I joined the Block Lotto in an attempt to destash!
This month's block is called Modern Clover and was designed by Kate.
Click here for the pattern.


I didn't use a bunch of different greens like most people. I cut one strip of green and had enough squares to make all the leaves. We were allowed to only make 2 matching flowers. I realized my stash consists of mostly medium hues. See how there is not much (if any) contrast between my lights and darks in the flowers? I'm designing a scrap quilt with solid white and black to offset all my mediums!


I'll let you know how the Block Lotto goes. Maybe I'll win!


2 comments:

sophie said...

Welcome to the Block Lotto, Tina. Your blocks look great! I like how everyone is playing with their blocks and thinking about different layout options. I think this little block has a lot of possibilities.

Unknown said...

Love the block and how when it is rearranged it looks so totally different. Great job!