Saturday, June 25, 2011

Finally!

Yay! After years of whining about my point and shoot cameras, we finally broke down and bought a DSLR. While the battery was charging, I read the manual and made a camera strap cover from this tutorial. (Bill asked me to not make it too girly!)


The first photo I took was of my hexie project! Then I took photos of the kids and Bill and flowers and birds at the feeder. Pete had a baseball playoff game last night and I took about 100 pictures!


And it only took us 20 years to replace the film SLR that took a swim in Hilo Bay.

Julia is planning to join the photography club and work on the yearbook, so once school starts again in the Fall, we'll be fighting over the new camera. Hmmm. Who do you think will win that battle? (I used the Minolta during my senior year of high school, but I bought it myself.)

3 comments:

Jenniffier said...

Congrats on the new camera, you will love your Nikon DSLR. I know I adore mine. I finally stepped up from my film one earlier this year. I used to teach in the photolab at my college but, I ended up having to buy an explain the manual book, because even after reading the manual I wasn't sure what to do :)

rosie said...

I hope you enjoy your new camera, I am planning to buy one but not sure which brand etc. I need one that is not too high tech for me to operate..

sophie said...

Cool camera strap!!