Monday, August 1, 2011

Block Party!

We had a block Party weekend!
Doesn't Julia look like she's partying?


Julia finished her block for the Girl Scout troop quilt. I don't know if it has a name. She drew out the design on graph paper.


Maia came over on her day off between Counselor-In-Training sessions to finish her paper-pieced block. It looks like a Carol Doak pattern, but I didn't write down her source. (There were books everywhere during the design meeting!)


I was able to finish a couple of blocks for the 4X5 bee, but I'm not completely happy with them. And I tore apart or re-made entire sections of both of them at least once.


Too pastel? It would make a great baby girl quilt.


And this teeny weeny block came in the mail from Fran. Thank you!!


This swallowtail was pigging out on the butterfly bush. Julia and Pete both went out with the new camera. Julia got the best shot, below.

No comments: