Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Blogger's BOM Block 1

My friend Jackie is hosting the Blogger's BOM.


I knew immediately that I wanted to play along, but what fabrics to use? I went looking through my modern bin and pulled all the blue and green Denise Schmidt prints from JoAnns. I had just picked up a few more last week. I'm partnering them with a couple of solids from Ryco. Hey, I'm cutting into fresh fabric!


Sherri from A Quilting Life designed the very cute block 1. I'm hoping all the blocks will be this easy! This might be the first BOM that I can actually keep up with! The green looks slightly more obnoxious in the photo than in real life. I like it!


I'm linking to Jackie's block 1 page here and adding photos to the Flickr group. I think the hardest part of this BOM will be waiting a full month for the next block!

Speaking of Jackie, she invited some Rhode Island friends to join her at the next Mod Conn meeting. They have been creating modern blocks in one color for charity quilts and this month's blocks are blue. Here's my block to donate.


I wanted to make another Roads to Rome block, but there was too much white background. So I just used the flying geese sections and played with strips of Kaffe fabrics. I designed a block!

You can find the Mod Conn Quilters on Facebook.

3 comments:

annemariesquilt said...

Lovely block and wonderful fabrics.. Thanks to Jackie for inviting us to join this BOM ;-)

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Lovely blocks, I particularly like the last one but I have a thing for flying geese!

Unknown said...

Ack!! Love it all! Can't wait to see you on Sunday!