Thursday, February 9, 2012

Do you know me?

Does anyone recognize this quilt?  I found the photo on someone's Flickr album of the 2011 Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show.  I'm trying to track down the quilt maker and/or the designer.


We're considering using this pattern for our guild raffle quilt, but in a cool palette.  Maybe batiks.  At the very least, I want to give credit where credit is due for the inspiration.

I love this quilt on so many levels.  The small paper pieced stars, the larger off-kilter stars, the HSTs that frame the stars, the positive/negative effect, the two-color-but-scrappy look, the piano key border.  It all adds up to a modern quilt with a traditional vibe.  LOVE!

So, if you know anything about this beauty, please leave a comment or email me at tinastitches (at) gmail (dot) com.  Thanks!

** Many thanks to Sinta and Elke!  This is a Buggy Barn pattern called Going in Circles from their book Certifiably Crazy.  I'm buying the book now! **

6 comments:

Sinta Renee said...

that is a buggy barn pattern.

Unknown said...

Love the quilt! When you do make it for the raffle quilt, let me know, I will buy many tickets!!!

Dreamquilter Elke said...

It is in the book

Certifiably Crazy
from Buggy Barn

But I can´t order it in Germany.
I like this very much.

Elke from Germany

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Gorgeous quilt!!

Rebecca said...

OHHHH I am so glad someone had the name and the resource for this quilt... I love it! I am thinking doing it in blue scrappy will be fun.

Soldes 2012 said...

Small paper pieced are larger than kilter stars.It make from two colors scrappy books.It look traditional.