Monday, August 27, 2012

Summer Scrappy Mug Mat Swap

 My Summer Scrappy Mug Rug Swap is ready to ship.

My partner had a few spool blocks in her mosaic, so I went looking for a pattern. I found a Carol Doak design for mini spools and drafted it myself.


Partner also had some selvages in her mosaic, so I used some on the back. I wrote on some blank sections of selvages as the label.


Remember when I tore out the hot pink quilting? This time, I used some light green, purple and yellow. It's better, but I'm still not 100% happy with it.  I am not ripping it out again! It is supposed to look like the thread is coming off the spools.


It was a fun project, and I hope my partner likes it!
 

And now, because I'm addicted to swaps, I'm off to purchase some low volume fabric for this swap...



Sign ups started today and are limited to 56 participants, so head over there now if you are interested!

3 comments:

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

It's wonderful!! Have fun shopping for the swap!

Celtic Thistle said...

If your partner doesn't like it, send it my way I think it is lovely :)

SuperMomNoCape said...

I'm sure your partner is going to love the mug rug you made for her. I know for sure that those spools are something that I'd love to receive. And I like your idea of the FMQ being the thread coming off the spool... too cool.