Monday, September 24, 2012

All About Pete

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll remember that last year was all about Julia.  Now that she's happily settled at college, this year will be All About Pete! 

This year is his senior year of high school, so the requisite yearbook photo shoot took place last week. Pete and his girlfriend dragged me through a beautiful, but challenging, trail to get to this spot above Long Pond. I think this is my favorite shot, but he chose a different one for the yearbook. It will need some editing that I'm hoping I can do in PicMonkey because Photoshop scares me.
 

In the first of many senior year festivities, the senior members of the cross country team were honored last week at their last home meet. What a nice group of kids!
 
yes, I'm really that short.

 His band, Attractive Dan, played two gigs this weekend. Their talent is amazing! Pete totally rocks and was having so much fun on drums.

grainy iPhone pic

 Now for the most amazing thing...
He competed in his first triathlon!

Swim (1/2 mile)
the arrow is pointing at Pete
 
 Bike (16 miles)

Run (3 miles)

Finish!

He placed 2nd in the under 19 year old category!

Maybe this should be his yearbook photo!

4 comments:

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Congratulations on the triathlon medal!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, impressive!! I think that would be a fabulous senior pic!!

Debbie said...

You are such a mom! ;-) What fun - lot's of fun this year for you both!

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Congratulations Peter...awesome job. I got all the details from Bill at the office!! Love the year book picture.
Karen