Friday, November 9, 2012

Twine Tree

A Pinterest success story! The Twinery posted several fun projects using baker's twine. I pinned these trees and kept the idea in the back of my mind. I scooped up a package of tiny styrofoam trees the last time I was in a craft store. I already had the twine and a stash of tiny spools (my spin on the original idea).


It was super easy to cover the tree with the twine. I started at the top and secured the end with a 2" long floral pin. Any cute pin will do. The twine actually sticks to the foam, but I added 2 vertical lines of glue for durability. After a few rounds, I found the right dowel for the trunk which gave me a handle to spin the tree as I coiled on the twine.

I thought I could cover the bottom with twine, but it just wasn't happening, so I used a circle of felt. 

I can't wait to make more with my assortment of twine colors!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

This is such a great idea!! Love it!

Chocolate Chip said...

Adorable!