Wednesday, January 2, 2013

WIP Wednesday 2013

Happy Lucky 2013! 2012 was a big year for my daughter (high school graduation, Gold Award, starting college), and 2013 will be all about my son (high school graduation, Eagle Scout, joining the Marine Corps). We're looking forward to a great year!
 
I'm so happy to get back on track with WIP Wednesday! My goal this year is to show you some quilty progress each week.

Finish: The biggest and most important finish of the past few weeks was my nephew's wedding quilt. I'm so happy to have this quilt off my WIP list and onto their bed!


New: Madrona Road Challenge. Many of you are participating in the Modern Guild challenge with Michael Miller's Madrona Road collection. I started playing with the fabrics last night and I'm hoping to finish by Saturday's Rhode Island Modern Guild meeting.


I found inspiration in this print and several herringbone quilts popping up in Pinterest.


This is as far as I got last night during the Rose Bowl Game. The braid is pieced on a 60" long piece of 9" wide brown paper. There's no way I'll have enough fabric to piece several strips this long, so I will need to figure something out later.


In Progress: (In order of importance)
Ninigret Quilt Guild Raffle Quilt
Sugar Wave
Swap Soup
4x5 Bee Quilt
Friendship Star Mini
Mod Bento Swap
3x3 Swap Quilt
Bears in the Farmhouse

Planned for 2013: (not started yet)
Mo-Stash Bee (Jan - June)
Baby Quilt for new grand-niece (February)
Emerald Challenge (due March 8)
New York Beauty (always on the list!)

Check out the cute new button for WIP Wednesday...

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

Dee said...

Congratulations on surviving such a life changing and important year! Thank you for sacrificing as a parent to have your son serve. We pray for our soldiers and their families!

The wedding quilt is amazing! It was so eye catching in the list of photos on Freshly Pieced!

God bless in 2013!

Jen @ SewFishy said...

The wedding quilt is gorgeous!! I love it!

Celtic Thistle said...

Fabulous quilt!

Aubrie S said...

Everything looks wonderful! I'm sure you'll come up with some inspiring ideas for the rest of the Madrona Road Challenge.

Debbie said...

Awesome finish and I love where Madrona Road is leading you!