Friday, April 26, 2013

Mini Arrowheads

 I haven't had time to do much sewing for fun this week. I did start playing with some Kate Spain charms to make mini Anita's Arrowhead blocks. The large prints don't work very well being chopped up so small, but I love making these little blocks! I stumbled upon this one by Karen at Breezy Point and had to give it a try.


I made a batch of paper pieced lapel pins for a special order. I'm lucky to have good friends who sell them for me. Kate is a talented basket maker, so I provide an assortment of basket designs for her customers.


Today, I'll be preparing for a guild outreach workshop. We provide a quilt for every bed in South County Habitat for Humanity homes. We're getting low on kid quilts, so I'll have fun digging into the novelty prints.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Tina, thanks for your comment on my star blocks. I love them! I also love your kate spain baskets, and I didn't realize you sell lapel pins - how pretty! Maybe I missed it, but who sells them for you? Have a great weekend. Tell Chrissy and fam I said hello if you see them. With spring finally here we see our neighbors more often, right? :-)

WoolenSails said...

The blocks are a wonderful idea and love how you matched them to the theme. Do you get together to make quilts? I want to do charity quilts and have plenty of fabrics.

Debbie

Carla said...

What sweet little blocks : )
A great idea for donating quilts