Wednesday, April 3, 2013

WIP Wednesday

I hope you all had a beautiful Easter weekend. I didn't do any sewing on Sunday(Easter) or Monday (drove Julia back to school). I did get back to the arrowheads yesterday and have more to stitch today.

Finished:
Fabric Box Tutorial: Check it out!





Arrowhead table runner:  In my frenzy of stitching up batik arrowhead blocks,  I made three pink blocks that didn't have a purpose. So I stitched them together into this quick tablerunner.

Some simple in-the-ditch straight line quilting was all it needed.

In progress:
The main arrowhead project is growing! This layout works, but I decided to add another row in each direction so I won't need to add a border. Not every block is a winner, so I'm making extras to swap out the ones I don't like. I'm hoping to get the top together today and get it quilted tomorrow.

Here's the pile of batik squares waiting for me at the machine. I just noticed that the bobbin door is open on my machine. I almost never close it. Does anyone else do that?

Next on the list:
Quilting Mod Bento
Quilting Swap Soup

New: I'm really tempted to jump in on this quilt along.
Bloom Bloom Pow Quilt-Along at Freshly Pieced

Time for the link up!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

9 comments:

Cheryl in Friendsville said...

Your Arrowheads projects are lovely.

newsurfiegirl said...

Love the colours in the batiks you are using, I bet it will look spectacular when it is finished.

Nancy Bowron said...

I really like the quilting on the Friendship Star Mini quilt. They have such movement!

Sheri Salatin said...

Awesome! I love your box and your table runner. I need to make a table runner for mine.

Super cute! :)

Mareenchen said...

Thnaks for the tutorial. Such a cute box. I'll definitely try it!

Heidi Staples said...

Love your star mini, and I'll have to check out that tutorial!

Sabrina said...

The friendship star mini quilt is adorable and awesome!!

Linh said...

I'm doing the Bloom Bloom POW QAL, it's so exciting I finally got everything ready for it. I love the colors, I'm using my own fabric but similar in colors, hope to see your progress. All your WIPs were beautiful.

sue said...

Me! I never close my bobbin door either.

Excited to try your tutorial. TFS!