Saturday, June 15, 2013

Random Wrap Up

 I received an email recently informing me I had been awarded a Gold Star Badge by the staff of The Quilt Pattern Magazine. My friend and fellow Ninnie, Barbara Chojnacki, wrote a review of my blog for the June 2013 issue. Thank you Barbara and QPM!

The Quilt Pattern Magazine

I entered the Friendship Star Mini in Ellison Lane's Modern Mini Challenge.


Hop over and take a look at all of the inspiring minis! 


I've been busy painting furniture for Pete's room (I'll show you soon). The only sewing I managed to do was two more Girl Scout pillowcases for Julia and her best friend. I cut these out last May, along with the ones I gave to the other graduating seniors from my troop. There were other priorities, and these had to wait. (Genevieve got a whole quilt, so don't feel bad for her.) When I went to pull fabric for the one I needed last week, I found these and had to get them finished. I was NOT putting them back in the pile!


 Julia is plugging along on the Old Italian blocks and has passed the half-way mark. Add eighteen to the twenty that were done for the last post. Each pair is our favorite as they are being stitched, then she pulls out the next pair and we love them even more!


It's senior week for Pete, so we attended the athletic awards banquet. He was on the swim team for 4 years (captain this year), and ran cross country and track for two years. He learned to pole vault this year!






Next up: Graduation!

No comments: