Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sew Every Day- 6

I pieced another top that I hope reads Modern. OK, maybe Vintage Modern. I was inspired by the Strip Tube Quilt at A Bright Corner. I really had every intention of laying out the blocks the way Andy did. Then I started to play and offered both layouts to my friends on Facebook and Instagram and they liked this layout better. The pattern goes together so quickly, I might try it again someday in the other layout.

I used a pile of DS Quilts fabrics from JoAnn's from 2011 with some Kona solids. I need to get a border on it soon to control the bias stretch along the edges.


Julia has stitched almost every day, too! She's almost finished with the top of her Old Italian quilt.
 

Today, I need to machine quilt a piece I need for tomorrow. Remember Mod Bento? I'm planning to set up a table in my bedroom, one of the only rooms with air-conditioning. How are you staying cool while you sew?

4 comments:

Carla said...

I have an overhead fan in my sewing room. I like your little quilty. Fresh colours!

Cathy said...

I also love the colors in your quilt! I am always drawn to those colors, especially in the summer.

Are you and Julia sharing sewing machines? Or do you each have your own?

Laura said...

looks lovely Tina!

Pokey said...

That's a neat plan for a quilt, I think it reads modern! Central air and fans in our 100+ weather days ~
:-}pokey