Monday, March 31, 2014

Sunday Stash on Monday

 A whopping 27 yards of fabric has entered my house in the past week. Yikes! There is a plan for all of it, so it will be used soon. My LQS had a sale on Friday, then I went on a shop hop bus trip on Saturday.

The shopping started online with the blue and orange floral from Kate Spain's Sunnyside line. It will be the border fabric on the 4th in my series of wedding ring quilts for my nephew and his bride. The other blues and greens are possibilities for the arcs. Lots more shopping to come for this quilt!

These 1/2 yard cuts of batiks will become guitar straps using this tutorial by Amber at One Shabby Chick for an upcoming craft fair.  If you are local, come see me at St. Andrew Lutheran Church in Charlestown, RI on April 12, 9am-2pm.

 These sweet florals will become table runners or mug mats.

These amazing Phillip Jacobs prints had to come home with me. Garden Party (on the left) has been a favorite of mine and I love the bold colors of Gertrude. One or both of these prints will become a One Block Wonder.

I picked up a few fat quarters just for fun!

 These fat quarters will become a gift. I'm thinking about jumping on the churn dash bandwagon.

 I bought this Fons & Porter ruler for squaring up half square triangle units and the polka dot scissors were a free gift for completing the shop hop.

And the sneakiest of peeks at a birthday gift.

The wooden checkerboard was made by Pete last year in wood shop class. We're praying for him today as he starts the Basic Reconnaissance Course. It has been his dream and goal to become a Recon Marine for several years, and now he is 3 grueling months away from completion. OOHRAH!

7 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Lots of great fabrics, always fun when they have a sale. I got some basics that I needed and some fat quarters, so I was good;)

Debbie

Pat Harrison said...

Great fabrics - I figured your stash must be in need of replenishment. Can't wait to see all that you create.

Gina said...

You are going to be sewing like a crazy woman!!!! Lots of pretty, bright, happy colors in there. Go, Pete, go!!!!

Janet Ann said...

Wow lots of fabric and sounds like you have great plans for it all! My thoughts go out to you and your son, hoping he makes it thru this next challenge with flying colors!

margaret said...

such a variety of fabrics do you wash them all before you start on a project? Wedding rings quilt is a large project wonder when the dead line is

Rike Busch said...

Wow! Really lots of fabrics!
Good look for your son!!!
Greetings, Rike

Cathy said...

I am a bit behind on reading blogs. Such pretty fabric. Prayers for Pete!