Friday, June 13, 2014

Challenge Progress

I was happy to get this top pieced yesterday for the Modern Quilt Guild challenge using these fun Michael Miller prints. It's only 24 X 28".


The Rhode Island MQG gave us a fat eighth of 5 prints plus one solid. What was left over from piecing the front was pieced into the back, slice and insert style. I bought the coordinating green print last week on a quilty road trip with Julia.


Julia has been taking crafty breaks from cleaning her room and playing with fun charm squares. She's debating whether to piece them into 1/2 rectangle squares or 4-patches.


This time of year, I succumb to Peony Envy! Driving around town, I've been known to yell and point out all the peonies. I lucked out this year and have a few gorgeous blooms of my own. The biggest one was growing out from under a pine tree. Maybe I should sprinkle pine needles around my other plants.


Have a beautiful, colorful weekend!

6 comments:

sewandsow said...

I love pieced backs....not only are they interesting, you use up some scraps. This is a great year for peonies...all my bushes were in full bloom....such a delight.

Debbie said...

Very cool design Tina! I'm still mulling mine over...

margaret said...

very nice challenge piece. Lots and lots of squares cut up here. I now feel guilty, I dug my peonie up as it flowers for such a short time and planted something else in its place

Gina said...

fun piece!! i see X's and O's, chevrons, and diamonds depending how i look at it :)

Carla said...

Pretty quilt. Nice colour and design : )

Sarah said...

I love the woven look of the back. Beautiful flowers you've grown too!