Monday, January 19, 2015

Random Stitching

There's been a whole lotta random going on around here. I'm really enjoying these small projects.

Beth at EvaPaige Designs is collecting blocks for her new pattern. (Learn more about it here.) This is the block in all solids that I made for Beth to keep.


Three of these blocks will be swapped, and I couldn't resist making extras for myself.


Since there were stitch and flip corners on these blocks, I had a pile of tiny triangles, begging to be sewn together.  Funny story- a Girl Scout friend stopped by last week and we went through my bin of GS fabrics for her troop's t-shirt quilt. She asked me about the small pieces and wondered how small a piece would I save. I showed her this pile of triangles that I just couldn't throw away. The colors were too pretty!  The HSTs in this mug mat finished at just over 1". The whole mat is 7" X 8".


Digging around my stash, I found a bag of hourglass blocks that Julia had made. The polka dots are fun, but we really had no use for the blocks or the wallhanging they were planned for. I started playing with them and suddenly remembered that there is a local quilting bee collecting placemats for Meals on Wheels. It was fun mixing up the parts into these three designs. I quilted them on Saturday night after seeing American Sniper. I needed to spend some time in my happy place! The colorful striped binding was in my scrap binding bin.


I've been playing with these Orca Bay parts for a couple of weeks. I used almost everything I had left to make three more placemats. Making placemats is my new favorite thing to do!


We could call all this random stitching procrasti-quilting. I really need to quilt my schnitzel and boo swap piece. Maybe I'll gather the courage today. I'm hesitating because my swap partner has a long arm and does some really beautiful work. I can't compare with that on my Bernina, so I just need to let it go and do my thing.

1 comment:

Лёка said...

Simple and beautiful!