Wednesday, August 12, 2015

WIP Wednesday

Yesterday was a soggy, rainy day. I have to force myself to be productive on days like that. I'd much rather spend the day on the couch with my laptop.  


I did manage to get two Wild & Goosey blocks done. That brings me to 20 out of 25 I need for my wall hanging. This riot of color was the perfect antidote for the crummy weather.


Quilting the Farmer's Engineer's Wife is at the top of my priority list. I have to add one more large piece to the back, then it can be basted. I will be trying Sharon Shamber's method of using boards to keep the parts square and flat. I haven't decided yet if I'll thread- or pin-baste.


In the finished column since my last WIP post, I have added another QOV for a cousin 


and a graduation gift for a friend's daughter.


I'm participating in the modern fabric postcard swap on Instagram. These are the 4x6" postcards I will be dropping in the mail later today. It was fun playing with the color and fabric choices of the recipients.


 I printed 4" New York Beauty blocks from EQ7 and added 2" of extra background on one side. I wasn't sure if I could piece such a small curve, but it wasn't too bad. I pinned a lot!


Have a great day!

http://www.freshlypieced.com/

3 comments:

Rike Busch said...

Dear Tina,
I love your Wild & Goosey blocks! They look fantastic together. And I really like your postcards!
Greetings, Rike

Kat said...

Your Wild and Goosey blocks look AWESOME! Way to go.

Connie said...

I just found your blog and I love it. I'm always on the lookout for quilters that I can learn from. You are an inspiration:)
Your new blogging sister,
Connie :)